Object oriented programming sounds like a daunting piece of terminology and for the longest time I wasn't even sure what it meant. I suppose had I paid more attention in my Wednesday evening class, this would have been clear to me. However, since I was used to CSC108's flipped classroom setting meant that it took me some time to adapt to this new format, despite the fact that all of my other courses are and have been not flipped. That being said, I think I finally understand the definition thanks to a combination of posted course materials, Wikipedia, and a friend who knows more about computer science than I do. Now that I know what it means, it's hard to see why I didn't understand before considering how intuitive the words are. Object oriented programming is literally what it sounds like. I guess the confusion arose from the fact that I have been learning object oriented programming without really registering in my mind that this was its name, and thus when the terminology was actually introduced, I assumed it meant something new. That being said, I am certain I still have plenty of new things to learn about Python.
I am feeling comfortable writing new classes, and I am also feeling comfortable with the idea of Queues and Stacks and their respective methods. All the material I've seen thus far in CSC148 I can logically understand, and the formatting is something I've already seen, as it was taught in CSC108.
So basically, other than a not so epic struggle to figure out what "object oriented programming" actually refers to, I haven't had many problems in the course thus far; the exercise went well, as did the labs. I am struggling with the first SLOG entry but it will soon be done. I expect the SLOGs will go better once I have better understanding of what they need to include as well as how they should be formatted. As such, reading and comparing to other SLOGs once they are published should help.
No comments:
Post a Comment